Understanding Emotions: How to help children work through their feelings and unlock their potential.
This live professional development event for allied health workers will take place online on August 13th, 2021 starting at 10 am (AEST). This two and a half hour event will explore:
- Stages of emotional development in children
- Why it is important to shift focus from the ‘behaviour’ to the ‘underlying emotion’
- The components that contribute to a child’s emotional intelligence and emotional literacy
- Why it is important to work on emotional growth with children
- How emotional regulation difficulties can often be misdiagnosed
- The link between emotional regulation difficulties and ‘bids for connection’
- The importance of a collaborative approach and ensuring parents are following through at home
- How to work with parents and get parents on board with your strategies
- Common assumptions that psychologists make when working with parents
- How to gently challenge parents when they suggest that ‘nothing is working’
- Handson exercises to practice implementing strategies with both clients
Attendee numbers are limited to ensure an intimate workshop where all questions can be answered. Professional development certificates will also be provided upon request.
Tickets to the virtual event do not include the goodie bag that attendee's of the 'in person' workshop will be received. These can be purchased upon request after your ticket is purchased.